42nd Annual JEB Stuart Art Show
Reynolds Homestead 42nd Annual JEB Stuart Art Show
Printable Entry Form
September 7 – October 27, 2017
Entry Delivery Dates:
Sunday, August 20, 2:00-5:00
Monday, August 21, 9:00-4:00
Tuesday, August 22, 9:00-4:00
Wednesday, August 23, 12:00-6:00
*Please bring art to the rear of the building for check in.
JEB Stuart Art Show Eligibility
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Artists must reside in Patrick, Surry, Stokes, Henry, Franklin, Floyd, or Carroll county.
- Any native of Patrick County – regardless of where you live – may enter.
- Any member of Bull Mountain Arts may enter, regardless of residence.
- All work must be your original work, completed within the past three years and not shown in a previous J.E.B. Stuart Art Show.
- Two works of art may be entered.
- There is a non-refundable entry fee of $25.00 per artist; entry fee for members of Bull Mountain Arts is $20.00. Please make checks payable to Treasurer of Virginia Tech.
- If you would like to join Bull Mountain Arts, you may do so when you enter your art. A separate check of $20 made out to BMA will be needed.
- The JEB Stuart Art Show is for adults only; the student show is held in March and April.
- This will be the last year for photography to be entered into the JEB Stuart Art Show. Next year, we will have a separate judged show for photography in November and December.
Categories of Work
- Category I: Oil Painting
- Category 2: Acrylic Painting
- Category 3: Watercolor Painting
- Category 4: Drawing
- Category 5: 2D Mixed Media
- Category 6: Three Dimensional
- Category 7: Photography
Dates to Remember
- Exhibition dates: September 7—October 27
- Reception and Awards Presentation: Thursday, September 7, 6:00 p.m.
- Art Pick up (non winners): Monday-Tuesday, October 30-31, 9:00-5:00
- Winners’ Show at Library: November3-29
- Pick up from Library: November 30, 3:00-8:00 p.m.
- Best in Show—$200
- 1st Place—$100
- 2nd Place—$75
- 3rd Place—$50
- Bull Mountain Arts Award—$100
- Reynolds Homestead Award—$50
- Merit Awards—$50
- People’s Choice – $50
Other special awards may be presented at the show opening.
Display, Responsibility and Sales
All entries will be displayed as space permits, unless deemed unsuitable for public display. The art show committee reserves the right to decide compliance with rules and resolve issues not covered by them.
The greatest care will be taken in handling and displaying the work. Entry into this show is an acknowledgment that you agree to comply with show rules.
Works for sale are encouraged. The Reynolds Homestead gladly handles these transactions without taking a commission. All art must remain on display for the duration of the show. Art will only be released on the dates and times indicated above. Please do not ask for special privileges. Artists will be charged for items not picked up in a timely manner.
Download a printable version of the entry form here: Printable Entry Form
All artists must complete a contract: 2017 Exhibition Contract