- The historic Rock Spring Plantation House is not included in any rental. Pets are welcome on the grounds, but they are not allowed in the Continuing Education Center.
- The Continuing Education Center is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is allowed outside, and guests are requested to dispose of their smoking materials in designated areas.
Renters are welcome to serve alcohol or have their guests bring alcohol to the event; however, this requires a Banquet License from Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control. The local contact office address is 102 Abingdon Pl. Abingdon, VA 24212 (276) 676-5549. You may also find the forms online at www.abc.virginia.gov. A copy of your ABC license must be presented to the Homestead by the day prior to the event. Your original copy must be posted in a prominent area inside the Continuing Education Center. The integrity of the grounds, the buildings, and all exhibits should be respected at all times.
- Renters and/or guests are prohibited from the use of fireworks of any kind on the property. The term “fireworks” shall mean and include any explosive composition or any substance or combination of substances by nature of explosion, combustion, deflagration or detonation, and shall include blank cartridges, toy cannons in which explosives are used, firecrackers, torpedoes, sky rockets, Roman candles, bombs or other fireworks of like construction, containing any explosive compound or containing combustible substances producing visual effects.
- The Continuing Education Center will normally have an exhibit in the gallery. Exhibits may not be moved, taken down, or altered in any way. Material may be draped over exhibits so long as the integrity of the art is not compromised.
The renting party shall leave the grounds in the same condition as found. Security deposits will be refunded after inspection and may take up to 30 days after rental date to receive. A security deposit is required to hold the date and will be deposited immediately upon receipt by the Reynolds Homestead.
- All set-up and take-down is the responsibility of the renting party. Decorations are permitted so long as they are not attached to painted surfaces in a way that will damage them. The use of metallic confetti and glitter are not permitted.
- The renting party will remove all refuse from the building and grounds. A dumpster is located in the far left corner of the loop that circles the house. Floors must be swept and clean. If refuse is not properly disposed of there will be a $25.00 per hour charge for time spent by Reynolds Homestead Staff to clean up. This includes the outside of the Continuing Education building and Homestead Drive.
- All events must end by 11:00 p.m.
In regards to scheduling, primary consideration is given to events sponsored by the Reynolds Homestead.
If an event is cancelled within 30 days of its scheduled date, the security deposit will be forfeited.